TILT is happy to announce the next conference of this series, entitled
This conference focuses on the legal and ethical questions raised by the application of neuroscience and robotics in a number of contexts. Think, for instance, of the following examples:
- the use of neurotechnologies in the legal arena, in therapy, and for human enhancement;
- the advent of robot technologies in home and hospital environments, but also in war.
In this two-day conference we aim to bring together national and international experts from the fields of law, robotics and neuroscience, and to facilitate discussion between lawyers, legal scholars, psychologists, social scientists, philosophers, neuroscientists and policy makers.
- Conference dates: 11 and 12 April 2011
- Conference location: Tilburg University, Tilburg, the Netherlands
- Registration: opens on 1 October 2010; closes on 5 April 2011
- Submission of abstracts: opens on 1 September 2010; closes on 15 October 2010
- Submission of full papers: opens on 1 October 2010; closes on 15 December 2010
- Reviewer feedback on full papers: sent to authors on 31 January 2011(at the latest)
- Final revised papers due: 1 March 2011